ADVENTURE PROJECTS, INC.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
Account Registration. You may browse certain areas of our Site and use some our Services without registering. However, to access certain Services, we require you to create an account with us or log in through Facebook. To sign up for an account with us, you must submit your email and in some cases your name; we may send you an activation link to confirm your registration. If you login through Facebook, you must grant us permission to access your email address, friends list, and public profile information. We may access your Facebook data at any time even if you are not using Facebook. After you have registered with us or logged in through Facebook, we may also collect additional optional information from you, including any information you add to your account profile, including your full name, zip/postal code, city and state, interests, a profile picture, and other information. In addition, once registered through one of our Sites or Apps, you may use the same account information to access our other Sites and Apps.
Public Content. We collect information about the content you post to the Services. Further, any text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication and other content you post to public areas of the Services or transmit to other users (collectively, “User Contributions”), are posted at your own risk. We may display this content on the Services, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Other Information. In addition, we may offer surveys, contests and promotions. If you participate, we will collect additional information from you, which could include additional personal information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect and store information related to you and your use of the Services through cookies, web beacons, log files, java script and other technologies, such as your browser type; IP address; unique device identifier; geo-location; referring URL (webpage that led you to our Site); browser language; the pages you view and links you click on the Services; the date and time of your visit; the length of time you spend on the Services; your domain name; your operating system; visit our Site and or use our Services; and your location information. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites, and in advertising third party products and services on our Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes (such as analyzing and composing reports on trends, which may be sold to third parties).
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
As noted above, your user name and any information that you post to our Services, is publicly available. You can also choose to share your location, activities, comments on trails and conditions, and other information with other users. In addition, we may disclose or share the information we collect, including personal information as follows:
- Service Providers. We may outsource some of our technical and customer support, functions and other services to third party third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We may share information from or about you with them so that they can perform their services.
- Partners. From time to time we may relationships with certain third parties, and may share name, email and zip code with those third parties. You may opt out of this sharing by logging in to your account and changing your communications preferences; however, opting out will not affect any information we have already shared with such third parties. In addition, if you participate in a contest or promotion offered by us, we may share your information with the sponsor of such contest or promotion; we will notify you of this at the time you choose to participate, and you can choose not to permit the sharing by not participating in the contest or promotion.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merge with another company, if all or substantially all of our assets or transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes, for a fee.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
You may opt-out of receiving ads that are based upon your visits to multiple third party websites from certain third-party ad networks (including Facebook and Google), which are operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of participating third-party ad networks, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you, about Company and the Services, and, from time-to-time, about third party products and offers we think may interest you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail, or by logging in to your account and changing your email preferences. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response. Also, as noted in the Partners section of the Disclosure section above, you may control whether were share your information with our partners.
User Generated Content
As noted, you can post content to our Services, including your comments, reviews, pictures, and any other information. If you post such content, all of the information that you post may be available to other users of Services and may also be distributed on third party sites. Your posting may become public and the Company cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. In addition, other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your user account if you include personal information in your User Contributions.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
If you terminate your account, we will remove your name and email address from our public servers but will not remove or delete any public content from the Services. Please note that we may maintain this information for a period of time as part of our business records, and this information may also exist in backup storage even after it has been removed from our active databases. You can request that your account be terminated by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time, and we may maintain copies of such information in our business records.
The Services are intended for general audiences and not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. No one under the age of 13 may provide any information to or on the Services. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on the Sites, through any of the Services, register for the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information we will take steps to securely delete such information.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
We may revise this Policy from time to time. The most current version of the Policy will govern our use of your information. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will endeavor to notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Services prior to the effective date of the changes. By continuing to access or use the Services after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy.